We provide high quality, dedicated legal representation to accident and injury victims throughout Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming. Our expert legal staff handles a variety of personal injury matters, including automobile, truck and motorcycle accidents, as well as medical malpractice, claims involving serious injuries and wrongful death. Remember you don’t have to fight this battle alone, contact our offices to speak with a legal professional about your case today. Regardless of the severity of your personal injury, when you are hurt you are not yourself. While money alone can never truly reconcile the pain or loss of quality of life that you have experienced, it does serve a purpose.
Not only will monetary compensation help pay for your medical bills, but it can also help to ensure that you and your family will be taken care of during your time of healing. According to the Nations Council of Insurance Institute, claimants who hire attorneys get on average 23 times more money than those who do not. I cannot state enough the importance of working with a personal injury attorney to get the best results possible. Contact our office today for a free analysis of your situation and case audit.
Personal injury and medical malpractice attorney Jeffrey D. Gooch has worked with Salt Lake City-based law firm Jones Waldo since April 2015. Previous to joining Jones Waldo, Jeff was the founder and owner of The Gooch Firm, P.C. For more than a decade, Jeff has helped hardworking people recover compensation for personal injury, tragedy, and wrongful death resulting from the negligence or fault of another. Jeff has always devoted his practice to assisting individual injury victims, never having represented large corporations or insurance companies. Early in his career, Jeff was taught that clients always come first, and he has patterned his firm after this rule, always pursuing outstanding client service on a daily basis.
While working on his undergraduate degree, Jeff met William A. Barton of the Oregon firm Barton & Strevor. William A. Barton’s mentorship initiated Jeff’s dream of becoming a lawyer. Following this dream, Jeff attended Brigham Young University School of Law. While in school, he clerked for the law office of Young, Kester & Petro, where he was assigned to work on a class action case involving over 1900 plaintiffs. It was during this assignment that he met the legendary Gerry Spence. This introduction led Jeff to an associate position at the Salt Lake firm of Spence, Moriarity & Schuster. Thus, Jeff had the rare opportunity to train with the two of the best in the legal profession–his mentor, William A. Barton, and former employer, Gerry Spence.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Juris Doctor, April 1997
- Vice Chair of the Board of Advocates, Moot Court
- Traveling Team Member, Products Liability Competition
- Winner 1994 Moot Court Competition, Torts Section
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and English
- Dean’s List
- The national and local member of Pi Sigma Alpha, Political Science Honor Society
- Utah State and Federal Courts
- Idaho State and Federal Courts
- Pro hac vice representation in Montana, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, and California
- Medical Evidence in Utah Court: Your Guide to Effective Use, Salt Lake City, Utah, May 17, 2005
- National Business Institute Advanced Expert Witness Deposition Tactics, Salt Lake City, Utah, May 15, 2005
- The Use of Demonstrative Evidence, National Business Institute Speaker at Idaho —Trial Lawyers’ Annual Convention, Sun Valley, Idaho, July 2004